Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 3: The Fiesta

Today's devotional and game with some of the kids.
     A reunion with friends that are like family cannot be explained in words or in pictures.  My heart was racing as we climbed the mountain to reunite with my special dominican friends.  I felt as if I could jump out of my seat and run to them faster than the car was taking us (the car actually turned off as we were on a steep slope and we began going backwards)!  When we reached the top of the mountain and began the straight away to the church, I saw them- all of my wonderful wonderful dominican friends.  I jumped out of the car as fast as I could and began the moment I had imagined for so many months.

     Kissing, hugging, laughing, loving, confetti eggs, posters, balloons!  What a moment it was.. One I will treasure forever.  If you will dig deep into your memory you will remember that I almost couldn't come last summer because of all the fears I had.  What if I would have allowed my fears and insecurities to control my decisions?  Look at the joy I would have missed out on!  You see, when you see the mountain you have to climb to follow God's will, God sees the fiesta you will experience when you get there.  

     I was reminded of that important lesson during my reunion with my amazing friends.  I know that God is always placing opportunities in front of us that look to us like mountains.  We have to make the choice to look at these situations through God's eyes as an opportunity to have a fiesta!  I know that I will be living this out daily here, I'm wondering if you will be joining me?

Xoxo,





No comments:

Post a Comment