Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 16: The Biggest Need

Emily, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Greetings!

     The past week I have spent meeting all the people from the different communities I will have the chance to work with.  I have met many adults and children varying in their relationship with God.  I came here knowing my love for children and seeking out opportunities to do that.  As I spoke more with the communities, I realized that that was not the need right now, the biggest need the people have here in Santiago is a lack of role models for young men and women.  

     As citizens of this earth we are obsessed with relationships.  Most of us love to love.  And if that is your parents, your friends, or your significant other, we love to be loved by other people as well.  As in much of America, the people of Santiago don't know how to go about this thing called relationships.  How do I go about it?  How do I learn to sacrifice?  How do I show them I love them? How do I know if they love me?  These are all universal questions that we all face.  For young women, if we are not molded by good role models, these questions can do much damage to our character.

     In every single community I visited, there was a need for a girls bible study.  There is a need for young girls to know that they are loved by someone who will fulfill their longing heart fully.  There is a need for them to know that they can stop searching for a man that will tell them that they matter bc there is already a man who has been saying that since creation.  God will fulfill our longing hearts together.  

     I ask that those of you back home will be praying for the young girls that I get to meet with and share with.  This is a stretch for me but also something that is of high importance in God's eyes.  I am already falling in love with these young women and can see how God is moving here.  God is real and God has not left us, believe that.

Until next time from the beautiful beaches of Isla Saona,
Emily

La Otra Banda Community

2 comments:

  1. Love you Emily! You are truly amazing in all that you are doing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such an amazing opportunity. Praying, my sweet sweet friend. You got this!!!! ILYSM

    ReplyDelete