Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 18: Mission Team Brings Encouragement


     Just thought I would share a few pictures from the camp today.  So glad I got to catch even a glimpse of the cool things these kids got to do this week.  They are learning so much and have such wonderful people pouring into them.

     There was a missionary team here from Illinois and it was a new feeling not being the one upfront doing all the coordinating and talking, but I enjoyed it because I got to see the real impact that missionaries can make on communities.  The people of this community are doing good things here, but sometimes they need others to step in and bring encouragement to them and fresh ideas.  It makes such an impact and most of all strengthens relationships between those that already live here.  This time I will get to see what happens when a team leaves and I can already tell the Dominicans are very encouraged by them and I am too!

     Also, I want to send out prayer cards to whoever wants to be a part of this.  My idea is that I will send you a picture of one of my sweet friends here and then some information about them so that you can pray for them.  No money needed, just prayer.  There are a lot of cool kids and young adults here and I want a way for people back home to be a part of my mission here.  If you would like to partake just send me an email with your address at emilymotley95@gmail.com.

Don Pedro kids
Can't leave out my little pavo!
The Lord's Supper
Passing the bread and wine

No comments:

Post a Comment